Friday, August 05, 2005

Freddy and Jason

 
Reading the scorecard on Cricinfo yesterday made me all too aware of a great connection that exists between so many different things in the world. As my advisor(who, by the way, features in the story later) says, "Illustrate your thought process", and so here I am, doing just that.

I have already mentioned cricket and power electronics as two of my great loves. A third one, though to not the same extent, is movies, more specifically of the slasher, serial killer variety. So, anyway, on the cricinfo scorecards, the names of Flintoff and Gillespie just stuck out like sore thumbs. Fintoff and Gillespie???? Cmon, that's Freddie and Jason! Of the slasher, serial killer variety. Where does power electronics figure you ask? Well, this one is more complex. But it took only one Eureka moment triggered by the dark, confused (read utterly screwed up) recesses of my mind for me to make this realization. The Neville Cardus of power electronics is a guy called Fred Lee, from VTech. He has 60 graduate students working under him, and any self respecting power electronics student has had occasion to read at least one of his papers. So, there's our power electronics Freddie. And you know what my advisor's email id is? jsun@..... jsun. Hmm.. Jason. So there, we have our power electronics Jason as well!

Like my advisor says, research is all about making the connexions:-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should do research on string theory. You are in the wrong field.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Minal said...

Interesting, and is there a research paper in the offing on this???

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess "Voldemort" is not fashionably correct anymore? :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@ anonymous: I hope that's u, Carlos, and no, Voldemort is still " fashionably correct"

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home