Sunday, October 23, 2005

Out of my Comfort Zone

 
Steve Waugh's autobiography is out. I purchased it online for a cool Rs 1600(800+postage) and can't wait to lay my hands on it. He hits back at Ian Chappell, is surprisingly critical of his great mate Ian Healy, talks about the great master Shane Warne and so also of Michael Slater and Trevor Hohns. Funnily, he also sheds some light on his brotherly love for Mark Waugh. And of course the story of Antigua, his watershed series, where he went eyeball to eyeball with big Curtly Ambrose. At 1600 I think the book's the best buy I've made for a long long time. To the only two people in my friends' circle who might want to buy it, here goes:
Minal: Buy it, you are bleeding rich.
PK: I am sure you won't buy it, but do try. For old times' sake. I can call up and we can discuss the book for an hour or so.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

:D isn't it great that the book is finally out! I am a huge fan of Steve, and his book is top of my birthday list! I've told all my family to buy it for me, otherwise I'm going to get it myself.. should be a great read hey :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Minal said...

I was going to blog about it for you! How could I underestimate Steve's fan! So you already bought it! Hmmmmmmm, this I do not agree to "Minal: Buy it, you are bleeding rich."
From where did you get that?

But since I've never thought twice when it comes to cricket, and this is Steve Waugh...yup I know it will be worth it:-))

5:12 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@Mary: The best birthday present ever, huh?:-)

@Minal: Gr8, buy it, then we can discuss it like we discussed Potter...

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discussed Potter!!! Man i think u 2 kids and PK have much more in common (apart from cricket) than me!!! Saurabh, where is the good liquor knowledge going away man!!! Anyways, did u read that "Five Point Someone" book??? I made PK read it when he was here.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Minal said...

@Mangi: Saurabh shunned me when I told him Potter was great, saying stop reading kiddie books, I don't read them anymore. When he finally read it, we all know what happened, as they say the rest is history.
I thought it was brave of him to tell me that he is taking back all that he said to me:-)

Now, it's your turn;-P

5:35 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@Minal: "Saurabh shunned me when I told him Potter was great, saying stop reading kiddie books, I don't read them anymore." Anymore??????? I said I don't read them. Period. Never did. And never mind Mangi. He is, as Ron would say, a useless git.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Minal said...

@Saurabh: Did you never read them when you were a kid? What you started of with Ayn Rand at 5?:-)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@Minal: Not quite, but the kiddiest books I read were The Hardy Boys. Before that from 1st to 4th standard I read only ACK or encyclopedias or other science books. And of course cricket books. Remember reading Idols in my 3rd standard.

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoaaaa... whats up with all that showing off mate!!! And i aint useless! I shall prove that!!!

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home