Monday, August 29, 2005

Musings....

 
One of my good friends finished his candidacy exam, which he cracked (despite his cribs that he would flunk; wonder how people can crib so much about exams:-)) and took us out to dinner up in Albany, at an Indian restaurant called Gandhi. I use the term Indian very loosely, because it was really a Bangladeshi restaurant. Not bad, if you discount the really rude waiter and the crappy music in the background. Had malai kabab, fish kabab, chicken tikka, lamb kabab, chicken korma, chicken karahi and chicken rogan josh with nice pudinah parathas and lassi to wash it down. Finished with malai kulfi and rasmalai. Was so stuffed towards the end, just made an observation. I like to make connections, so here's a good one: Research and Food. The thought of doing research is sometimes more romantic and exciting than the research itself (I know it's totally wrong, but hell, it happens sometimes) THe thought of eating so many items sounds great, but sometimes finishing up so much food is really quite painful, as I discover again. Literally.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thought of reading your blog is also very exciting and I kinda look forward to it.

But after reading it (especially such "connections" and jokes), painful is probably a very mild word to describe the feeling!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Michael Higgins said...

Hi Saurabh
I love eating out, especially at Indian restaurants, but I have learned no to overdo it.

One nice thing I found out is that if you only eat half of the food and take it home, you can heat it up the next day and it is still great.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@mangesh: lol:-)

@Michael: Yeah, I know, but I was really hungry:-)

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have invited me, and we could have had that infamous eating contest you chickened away from while I was, with you, in he.. I mean grad school! :)

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home