Sunday, August 13, 2006

A weekend in Burlington

 
So, like I spent only my second whole weekend in Burlington in the two months I've been interning here. Had to make up a day of lost work at office, so did that on Saturday. Came home and read a bit of Shantaram, followed by Dave's thesis. Yashas came from Boston in the evening and we went to the waterfront on Lake Champlain. There was some reandom festival going on in oneof the parks on the waterfront. They had some pretty sucky live music barring the bass guitarist, who was quite fabulous. Yeah anyway so had a couple of beers there, grabbed a few brochures for info on things to do around Burlington and headed to Sweetwaters on Church Street. I was all excited that I'd get to have the Steak au poivre(pepper steak, if you will) that I'd loved so much on my last visit there. Unfortunately I was told that it had been discontinued and so had to settle for the Teriyaki steak, which was quite good too. That with a couple of Chivas made for a pretty nice meal. For dessert, we went to this litte street stall that did thin pancakes that could be filled with stuff.. think masala dosas, with thin crepes and generally any type of filling. So I had bananas and strawberries with whipped cream and hot peppers as my filling. ( although I must say, my choice of hot peppers to go with the rest seemed to freak out the really cute girl who made the pancakes. Oh yeah, damn she was cute!) So that was Saturday for you.

Sunday was when we had the real fun though. Took a 2 hour round trip on a ferry on Lake Champlain going from Vermont to New York State and back. It really was quite beautiful, especially when we could see Green Mountains of Vermont to our left and the Adirondacks of NY to our right. Snaps follow. When we returned, as a continuation of the whole getting-over-fear-of-heights thingy, I went to this cool place called Petracliffs, where you could do indoor rock climbing. The good news: I really seem to be over my fear of heights. And the bad news, well is that I found a new phobia I need to get over; the phobia, y'know, OF WORKING OUT MY LAZY ASS REGULARLY. Unfit, sodding bastard! Anyways a couple of snaps of that too.










12 Comments:

Blogger Tugga said...

Sure as hell I would:-)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Minal said...

Tugga suddenly u posting lots of snaps, what marraige search on in full swing?

4:11 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@Minal: You r so right; y'know, which is why I also post photos of water, seagulls and mountains, so y'know we can have one of those multiple weddings, where I marry the chick and some of her friends can marry the seagulls.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mumbai Monsoon said...

that was so not funny.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, u certainly aint Chandler.. not even close! U dont have that sarcasm left in you no more!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

wtf guys!!!! That SO was sarcastic!!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Minal said...

tugga you are losing it! Trust me, you can do better than that piece of sarcasm and funny!!!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

wtf guys!!! Fat lot of good u r doing formy self esteem:-( I mean, funny is who I am, funny is what I do; and if I am not good at that anymore, what's the point of going on with life?

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In any case searching for girls is not so easy that you can post a snap and get a girl

9:27 AM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@ my anonymous pal: Funny you should say that, considering your sister saw my snaps and was just begging me to f**k her brains out!

Ok, with the not-so-nice rejoinder out of the way, let me make a few things clear:

a) If you know me, you know I am sporting and don't shy away from laughing at myself. In fact, most of my humor is self-deprecating. But then you would also know that I detest people kidding with me or fucking around with me from behind the veil of anonymity. If you want to say something have the balls to use your name. My largely libertarian principles support freedom of speech for everyone and I will not delete any comments on my blog as a matter of principle, as long as I know who is making them. I respect anyone's freedom as long as they respect mine to an equal extent. My commenters know the identity of the blogger, and have free reign to comment on my blog; I don't think it is terribly unfair if I expect that I know their identity as well.

b) If this was just an honest mistake and you just forgot to include your name, I am extremely sorry for the rude reply.

c) If you don't know me,don't pretend you do. You WILL be deleted.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! what is the prescriptino drug patanol Basic blackjack strategy order patanol online Free pic of big natural breast http://www.cheap-xenical-0.info/Desktop_dvd_players.html http://www.nursing-jobs-0.info/sale-patanol.html Search engine marketing wellington Traveler digital camera dc-6300 http://www.proactiv-skin-care.info/Highlands_floor_mats.html http://www.freeshemalechatrooms.info/shepeeurinal.html patanol eye drop Ess allegra x mpu-401 compatible Divorce lawyer texas san antonio Gi side effects of lipitor Teen girls with huge boobs

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home