Monday, September 11, 2006

I knew every inch of the cell

 
And the cell knew every inch of me. Except one.

An inch. It's small and it's fragile and it's the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it, or sell it, or give it away. We must never let them take it away from us.

V for Vendetta rocks. Period.

In a battle where there's no victory for me, I've decided to quit my PhD with my advisor and let him know about it. Apart from the day my dog died, this has to be the saddest day of my life. And as with all sad days, a period of moping shall follow. Then there will be time to pick up the pieces and figure out all over again what one must do with futile existence, one, that once, one imagined to have some purpose in the scheme of things. An existence, that one once imagined, would do good things and great things. And keep trying. Making sure always that the last inch is never compromised.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mumbai Monsoon said...

Hope you managed to tie up all the loose ends. Call me.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Anshul said...

Am glad u decided to do that. Although it must feel really sucky to quit the PhD, the worst thing that can happen is to rot for years with a fuckal advisor. What are u plannin to do now? Continuing with the internship? Converting it to full time.

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Anshul, you must have done this much earlier. Don't worry,things will work out fine. Sorry didn't get time to chat with you y'day, reached home late.


Roopa

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You fought a good battle... Good luck for your future!

BTW, I am coming down on 29th, hope to see you then.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Minal said...

Need to talk to you.
will call this weekend!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just know it from others this morning. I am superised and sad...

9:32 PM  
Blogger Tugga said...

@mumbai monsoon: I hope I did
@anshul: I do not wish to get into a slanging match with my advisor, I really don't. He did what he thought was best for himself and for me, and now I had to make a choice which would save me from further erosion of self esteem.
@Roopa: No, I couldn't have done this much earlier, because I was still trying hard. There is a time a man needs to try and there is a time when he needs to see what the costs of his efforts are. That time is now.
@Yashas: Thank you. And I sure will be here.Come over. We'll celebrate my birthday together with some single malt scotch.
@ Minu: Sure. Call me. What do u want 2 talk abt tho?
@Min: Believe me, I am as surprised as you are. Something just snapped inside of me. Thank you for your kind words though. And all the best for your defence.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home